Monday, December 14, 2009

Prepare the Way - Advent 3




I recently (Dec. 6th) presented a solo concert of Advent and Christmas music. Basically, I have two goals in preparing for such a concert. First - to give information about the music or words to make them more meaningful to the audience; second - to introduce lesser known works to expand musical horizons. My favourite new-to-me Christmas song is the Wexford Carol. I included it in the program as part of the second goal. I discovered it in a book of arrangements by Phillip Keveren called, appropriately enough, Celtic Christmas. Here is a most wonderful version I found on YouTube.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

That is just hauntingly beautiful, AuntE!

AuntE said...

Isn't it?!? Listening to that has a way of transporting me away from myself and away from the commonplace.