Monday, March 7, 2011

Go Down, Moses!



These March days are full of preparations for an upcoming concert (details above) and once again, I found myself dreaming the music last night. You guessed it - the piece was "Go Down, Moses!" This is one of the selections I am collaborating with Encore Vocal Quartet to perform in 2 weeks' time. In my dream, I seemed to be playing the song from finish to start - a technique sometimes recommended to really know your stuff. To make things even stranger, the music was laid out on a long banquet table...? I didn't think I went to bed hungry, but then dreams come from weird places sometimes.

All dreaming aside, the evening promises to provide great entertainment and hopefully some inspiration to get us through the rest of our long, cold, windy winter in Winnipeg. (Temperature at 8 a.m. today was -27C.) Good thing one of the solo songs I'm playing is "Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen"!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh, AuntE, I do wish Winnipeg wasn't so very far from Chicagoland! I'm sure it will be a beautiful concert.

I had no idea your name is Evangeline. Such a lovely name. Just the sound of it is so...musical. It suits you perfectly!

AuntE said...

Thank you Dorothy! I'll keep posting about my concerts - just in case we're ever in the same neighbourhood.