Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It can't be 25 years - can it?









Well, yes, the truth of it is that it has been 25 years!  The picture on the left was taken on Friday, March 13, 1987 shortly after the delivery of my first and biggest 'baby'.  Baby Petrof, measuring 5'8", and weighing in at (I have no idea!) came to my home on a snowy March day a quarter century ago. 

I never could have imagined then where I'd be now or what paths my professional life has taken.  I didn't yet know my husband, Gord.  Now we have a teenaged son.  I recorded my CD on this piano.  Countless students have sat on its bench to learn how to play.  Today is not the end of the story by any means, but it does feel like a significant day somehow.   And really, who would have thought dolman sleeves would be back in style?!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Happy Birthday to your baby...even though I'm a few days late!

P.S. I love the dolman sleeves!

AuntE said...

Thank you Dorothy!