Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Northern Lights - Part 2


I mentioned in Part 1 how difficult it can be to see the Northern lights when the sky is cloudy or there is too much light from the city. This brought to mind I Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (KJV) The first part of the verse seems especially relevant. I often remind myself that there are so many things which will be revealed to us later - things which puzzle or confuse us, things that don't seem to make sense in this life. (Sometimes I also wonder if any of those questions will matter in eternity...) No matter how much we think we can understand God and what is required of us, the more there is to learn and see in the Christian life. Like the Northern lights in the city, there is more to God's glorious presence which will be revealed to us when the clouds part and Christ returns.

(This is not my photo and must have been taken away from the city lights to see such definitive streaks of colour, not to mention the stars as well.)

No comments: