Monday, October 26, 2009

Guidelines to Follow

If you've been involved in church music for any length of time, you know there are guidelines to follow. They may be unwritten (except in your head) but you know they're there anyway. The one that comes immediately to mind is: Know your congregation. I don't think that means you can't stretch your congregation, but the limits are there - somewhere. In my enthusiasm for introducing new music, and trying to broaden the horizons of those I serve, I may have gone past the limit recently. I haven't heard any rumblings, but still... On a happier chord (!) I introduced another new piece which was so well received, we sang it a second time. It was May the peace of God by Stuart Townend and Keith Getty, c. 2006. This piece I can highly recommend!

No comments: