Sunday, January 1, 2012

The journey that will be 2012


I don't suppose that I'm alone in feeling, especially on New Year's Day, that there is a path stretching out ahead of me for the coming year. The photo above (taken in the city park behind our place) illustrates my thoughts pretty accurately. I can see the first part of the path, but then there is a turn and, although I know there is a path there, I can't see exactly where it goes.

The year 2012 seems a lot like that path, particularly with regard to St. Andrew's faith community and the changes that will continue for us in the very near future. I found it very encouraging this morning to hear recollections from various people in the congregation of how they have seen God at work over the past year, either in their personal lives or in the life of St. Andrew's. Once again, Don Moen's words come to mind:
God will make a way where there seems to be no way.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: